who we are
Established in 1978, Rautomead Limited has evolved to become the world's leading and most experienced supplier of continuous casting technology for non-ferrous alloys.
Our continuous casting machines are used internationally to deliver continuous casting of Copper Wire and Cable, Alloy Wire, Engineering Alloys, Precious Metals, Copper Magnesium and Copper Chrome Zirconium Rod.
Over forty years, Rautomead has aimed to play its part in modernising aspects of the non-ferrous metals industry with its many end-uses and world-wide applications by casting at near net shape to minimise processing costs and by casting an ever increasing range of alloys for products being developed by the automotive, medical and communications industries.
This keeps our continuous casting technology at the forefront of the industry with a team of experienced engineers available to support our clients so that they can be at the forefront of theirs.
More than 350 reference installations
In over 50 countries
Wire rod clients include:
Freeport-McMoRan, Aurubis, NKT, La Farga Lacambra, Essex Germany GmbH, Tecnofil, Ngo Han Joint Stock Company
Precious Metal clients include:
Royal Canadian Mint, Sunshine Minting, Shanghai Mint, Perth Mint
how we work
1. Detailed discussions to define production requirements
2. Sample casting at Rautomead
3. Manufacture equipment to order & assemble at Rautomead
4. Invite clients to witness pre-shipment testing
5. Supervision of installation with training of client's staff
6. Commissioning of equipment and Performance Test
7. After-sales service support & supply of spares from Rautomead
Active research to develop casting techniques, tooling and technology for:
- processing new alloys
- casting smaller sizes
- improving cast structures
- increasing production output
Production by horizontal or vertical continuous casting using "in house" equipment installed at Rautomead.
Non Disclosure Secrecy Agreements to protect intellectual property.
Metallurgical analysis and laboratory work in conjunction with University of Dundee.
Facilitates client evaluation prior to capital investment.